Thursday, March 8, 2007

Finished Collage



Here is my finished collage. One's first reaction to my creation may be one of confusion. To see the diver diving into a pool of sharks, one may wonder what the meaning behind this is. My main ideology behind this was to create a sense of facing one's fear in order to cope with one's problem. Like my image, I once swam with sharks (baby sharks) at a waterpark in Florida. Before this event, my greatest fear was sharks, but after swimming with them, my fear was greatly reduced. Still to this day my greatest fear is sharks, but after my encounter, it is much less of a fear. This conveyed largely to the meaning behind my collage. My collage is titled "Dive in". I also included the statement "fear nothing" to further convey the ideology of facing what it is that you fear, and in turn not fearing this item any longer.

No comments: