Thursday, January 18, 2007

Technological Shock

Previously, I had never used the program adobe photoshop. After messing around with it, I am quite impressed by the things which can be done within this program. I enjoy the fact that I can insert any image I want, and make basically any changes that I want. I also enjoy editing and changing my own photo in various ways.

It amazed me the way that pictures were edited for magazines, photos, etc. The way skin tone and texture could be changed to mere perfection was quite interesting. This makes me wonder how many companies and people use these techniques (likely they all do). Thats why they tell people not to compare themselves to the people they see in magazines.

In regards to my self portrait, I have had many ideas in regards to what to do, but have yet to decide for sure. I was always interested in Neo-classical art, and the reference to god ideology. The image we looked at in class where the man made himself look of religious importance, I found very interesting. I don't think i would do this myself, yet at the same time I thought it was very cool.

No comments: