Sunday, January 28, 2007

From rags to riches

So my self portrait is nearly done, and I am actually quite impressed with my progress so far. I have created a background by combining two images, and really like the results. I really enjoy the way that the two backgrounds compliment one another, and believe these backgrounds together really help to convey my ideas. At first I felt helpless, but through trial and error, and Michaels teaching, I was able to strive on.

I had previously never used photoshop, but now consider using it on almost a regular basis. I believe a person could create a pretty cool family portrait using photoshop, and I consider doing this myself.

The importance of spacing and colors also became evident to me when creating my self portrait. By changing the color of my shirt, my whole image became better. It also created a new meaning to my picture by matching the color of my upper background.

No comments: